What you need to know before you book your next hotel
We know accommodation booking websites always advertise discounts on hotels and hostels. But how real are these?
Have you ever wondered how accommodation booking websites make money?
Hotel booking businesses know how most of us think, but do you know how they think?
You’ll find a lot of urgency messages on hotel booking websites. They look like: “Eight rooms like this booked today”, “Six people are looking at this site now”, “Only two like this left on our site”.
The message is “don’t miss out” because the seller wants you to "book now".
But if the website doesn’t offer the lowest-price room available, will you truly save money?
It’s possible to get cheaper rates on hotels and other accommodation. But it’s not a loyalty program, and it’s not magic.
Getting a low rate is about recognising how the rules of the hotel booking game are really set up – because the dice are loaded.
Getting consistently lower rates on accommodation is about using strategies beyond responding to advertised discounts.
To get the lowest rate, you need to search smart – you need to know where to look and how. You need the tricks accommodation booking websites don’t want you to know.
In Raven Travel Guides Europe’s free special report, How to get the lowest hotel rate online 100% of the time, you’ll get:
- Insights into how online accommodation booking really works, so you can avoid the traps when booking your hotel.
- The facts on how booking websites get you to book where they want you to book (they even admit this if you look in the right place).
- Information on industry trends in hotel booking – you’ll be surprised by their results.
- The secret ways booking website operators put pressure on you – and the hotel owners – to maximise their own profit.
- How hotels set their prices – the rules you can use to reset the game so you, the traveller, can get genuinely low rates.
- The chance to follow a step-by-step experiment in which Raven Guides compares rates between booking websites and hotels’ own sites – and the findings.
- A straight answer to the big question – do booking websites have the lowest hotel rates?
- A complete strategy for booking hotels to suit your budget – follow this to get the lowest available rate for the hotel you want every time.
If you sign up with Raven Travel Guides Europe to receive this report, you’ll get it free. You will pay nothing for anything – not even the weekly newsletters about all aspects of European travel that will also arrive in your inbox.
These newsletters are made up of travel inspirations from Europe’s finest destinations, plus more important travel tips. The sort of practical advice you can put to use on the road, how to save money in lots of ways, and enjoy a rich travel experience in affordable comfort.
This is because Raven Guides has done most of the planning work for you. You, the traveller, need only choose where and when to go.
Raven Guides rejoices in the richness and variety of Europe. Cultures are not only national. They are regional and unique.
Raven Guides is not a forum for beach holidays.
You are right to be careful about handing out your email address. Feel free to check the Raven Guides website, ravenguides.com. Look at the blogs, examine the tips, and decide whether you want the convenience of fresh insights in your inbox every week, along with the potential for savings.
You can unsubscribe easily at any time.
Enter your first name and email address above to get the free report, How to get the lowest hotel rate online 100% of the time – and get on board with Raven Travel Guides Europe.